Cost of Living
Cost of Living
Chickasha, Oklahoma has a Cost of Living Index of 86.1, meaning the cost of living is 13.9 percent lower in Chickasha than the U.S. average (JobsEQ, 2021Q4).
The average monthly bill across 10 major categories for a Chickasha resident is $1,391—30.5% lower than the national average and 14.9% lower than the state average. Our average bill is the 3rd lowest of 46 Oklahoma cities, and lower than 96% of 4,276 cities nationwide (doxo, 2022).
Real Estate Prices
The cost to own a home in Chickasha is far less than in more metropolitan areas and even well below towns of similar size in the area (see right).
- Estimated median house or condo value in 2019:
- Chickasha: $92,305
- Oklahoma City: $165,700
- Dallas: $231,400
- Median real estate property taxes paid for housing units (with mortgage) in 2019:
- Chickasha: $892 (0.9%)
- Oklahoma City: $1,890 (1.1%)
- Dallas: $4,836 (1.7%)
- A person making $50,000 in Chickasha, OK would have to make $57,230 to have the same expendable income in Dallas, TX.
A person in Oklahoma making $50,000 in 2019 would pay $1,944 per year in state income taxes.
Commute to Work
- The average commute in Chickasha is 5 to 10 minutes. No rush hour traffic!
- In the Dallas area the commute time is at least 30 minutes with a substantial amount of traffic.
- Living in Chickasha, Oklahoma would cost at least $10,000 less per year than living in Dallas and save approximately 260 hours of commute time!